Professional care for your DENTAL HEALTH.
TMJ (temporomandibular joint) Disorders are disorders linked to your jaw joint — which are typically accompanied by pain or clicking noises. Since some types of TMJ problems can lead to more serious conditions, early detection and treatment are significant.
Many times no one treatment can resolve TMJ disorders completely and treatment takes time to be effective.
Trouble with Your Jaw?
TMJ disorders can develop under constant stress to your TM Joint. They can also develop from clenching your jaw, grinding your teeth, and tightening your jaw muscles. It may have also been produced from an injury or disease.
Whatever the cause, it can lead to misaligned bite, pain, clicking or grating noises when you open your mouth, or trouble opening your mouth wide.
SIGNS THAT YOU MAY HAVE A TMJ DISORDER
- Are you aware of grinding or clenching your teeth?
- Do you wake up with sore, stiff muscles around your jaws?
- Do you have frequent headaches or neck aches?
- Does the pain get worse when you clench your teeth?
- Does stress make your clenching and pain worse?
- Does your jaw click, pop, grate, catch, or lock when you open your mouth?
- Is it difficult or painful to open your mouth, eat or yawn?
- Have you ever injured your neck, head or jaws?
- Are your teeth sensitive, loose, broken or worn?
TREATMENT FOR TMJ DISORDER — ALLEVIATE THE PAIN
There are various treatment options that skilled doctors can utilize to improve the harmony and function of your jaw. Once an evaluation confirms a diagnosis of a TMJ disorder, a doctor will determine the proper course of treatment. It is important to note that treatment always works best with a team approach of self-care as well as professional care.
Get a FREE quote for TMJ Surgery
Please choose location
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.